Final flu clinics are being held during November
Please call the surgery to book an appointment
Thank you very much for your patience and tolerance whilst our new computer system was installed- we are coming to grips with it now and are back up and running with the exception of online appointment booking- we hope that this will follow in the next few weeks.....
Computer change at both practices 9th to 17th November
How it will affect YOU?
Edlesborough and Pitstone surgery are constantly working to improve the service we offer to our patients. With this in mind we are in the process of changing our computer system. This will allow better communication between local NHS services and also speed up our computer system to help us to work more efficiently.
A lot of time has been put into planning the change to make it go as smoothly as possible, however your support over the changeover time will be greatly appreciated.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Prescriptions – The medications we automatically generate for you will have been prepared in advance. For other prescriptions, usually less regular ones, that you order yourself, please plan ahead so that you can avoid ordering during the week running up to 17th November.
- Appointments – We will continue to offer emergency appointments during this time, but as all the information taken during your consultation will need to be transferred across manually, we prefer not to undertake routine appointments during this time. We will aim to re-instate normal working as soon as possible, and we appreciate your understanding at this time.
- Tests – Routine blood test appointments will not be available from the 12th November to ensure that all results are transferred to your records securely for your GP to action. We will have a system in place for any emergency tests required by your GP. Routine appointments will be re-instated as soon as possible.
- Why does it take so long to change systems?
- The data need to be carefully transferred and the new hardware installed and tested.
- Will I be able to continue to use the surgery online services?
- We will contact you nearer the go live date via email if you are currently registered to use on line services to let you know how to switch over to Emis on line
- Will my personal information be safe during the transfer?
- The new system we are transferring to, EMIS, have over 25 years' experience of working with the NHS, providing software and services to 10,000 organisations that are helping healthcare professionals record, share and use vital information and your information will be safely transferred from our existing system. EMIS is registered under the data security management standard, ISO27001.
- Will I be able to get my test results during this time?
- It will be difficult but not impossible to get test results- Unless the result is urgent please ask after the 18th November
- Will new patients be able to register during this time?
- We will accept applications but these won’t become live for some weeks, if you are a new patient and need appointments or medications during this time we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
- Will I be able to book future appointments during this time?
- We will book appointments 4 weeks in advance rather than our usual 6 weeks over the changeover period.
Our friendly team aim to provide a high quality, caring and professional service,
within our forward thinking Practice
Hello and welcome to our website. We’ve packed it full of useful information (Health Advice) in a very easy to use format with the added benefit of several online functions.
If you’re new to the area, have a look at our New Patients tab, download the registration forms and come and see us.
Serving Edlesborough and surrounding villages extending to the borders of Leighton Buzzard (Billington Park), Dunstable and Tilsworth. Existing patients can enjoy access to our wide range of services at the touch of a button. Whether managing your appointment or ordering a repeat prescription you can now do both without leaving your home.
Starting university this year? NHS England and Public Health England recommend that all 'Freshers' are immunised against the rising risk of Meningitis. Please call the surgery to make an appointment.
Your Health in Safe Hands
The team are here to provide all patients with a professional and caring healthcare experience in friendly and personal surroundings. With discretion and confidentiality guaranteed your welfare is safe, secure and in good hands. As a training practice we strive for the highest quality service possible.
The practice began in Dr Jones' home on 1.2.1985. As the patient numbers grew, it progressed to the two purpose built premises, which opened in Pitstone on 1.7.1991 and Edlesborough on 1.4.1992. Today the practice is continuing to grow and develop and currently we have just over 7500 patients.
When ordering medicines please be aware: As a practice we are almost 10% overspent on our drug budget- this makes us the worst in Buckinghamshire - this cannot carry on and so we ask for your understanding that we cannot provide prescriptions for medicines available to buy from a pharmacy. This includes seasonal allergies such as hayfever, indigestion remedies, treatments for worms and headlice. Also if you are given a hospital prescription you MUST please take this to the hospital pharmacy.
Edlesborough and Pitstone Surgeries website is constantly being updated to provide the best possible service. We apologise for any inconvenience.
(Site updated 23/11/2015)